----- Forwarded Message ---- From: stephanie pimentel <lectin9@...> To: Christer Homer <christer816@...> Sent: Sun, March 28, 2010 5:44:17 AM Subject: Final Exam
Kindly post this. thanks.
Send me your answers not later than 6 PM today, March 28, 2010. Good luck!
1. Both plant and animal biologists seek to understand how their focal organisms have evolved to interact with the environment. Despite this similarity in goals, the differing biology of plants and animals as well as other factors have led to diverse. Diversity must have something to do with the effects of climate change. What specific physiological factors that led different species to evolve? Explain connections involved. (10 pts)
2. Diseases of the new decade have push scientists to explore again the natural products of plants. Explanation of its effects manifests in the physiology of target cells or organs or species in general. Choose one natural product available
locally and explain the physiological effects in the host. (10 pts)
3. Pick two (2) journal papers reported by your classmates. Do you think ecophysiology can be connected to these papers? Why? (10 pts)
4. Make a synthesis paper from the 4 experiments reported. Choose one that interests you most (not your experiment). Do you agree on the conclusions and recommendations given? Why? (30 pts)
5. What is/are the relationship/s of physiology and immune system in an organism? (5 pts)
Stephanie S. Pimentel, Ph.D.
Department of Biology
Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights
Quezon City 1108
Tel./Fax: (632) 426 10 34