This is the eGroup for members of the Society for Scientific Exploration (SSE) (http://www.scientificexploration.org/).
The SSE provides a critical forum of rationality and observational evidence for the often strange claims at the fringes of science.
The primary goal of the international SSE is to provide a professional forum for presentations, criticism, and debate concerning topics which are for various reasons ignored or studied inadequately within mainstream science. A secondary goal is to promote improved understanding of those factors that unnecessarily limit the scope of scientific inquiry, such as sociological constraints, restrictive world views, hidden theoretical assumptions, and the temptation to convert prevailing theory into prevailing dogma.
The SSE encourages scholarly discussion of anomalies in mainstream science such as consciousness, placebo effects, free energy, evolution, psychic research, anomalous aerial phenomenon, cryptozoology, apparitions, etc.
While the public is welcome to join, only members of the SSE will be able to post or participate in SSE activities.
Rules for this eGroup:
1. No spam. This includes political and religious discussion not cogent to the SSE mission, goals or topics. It also includes self promotional materials, marketing oneself and causes that, while honorable, do not advance scientific exploration. Posts should have scientific merit and bias.
2. We are based respect for others, even if we disagree. Civility is the rule.
3. Keep messages aimed at the SSE discussion list. The list is for *group* discussions and is not appropriate for private emails to one person.
4. Open-minded skepticism is encouraged.
5. No cross-posting. (Cross-posting is sending posts to more than one group at a time).